The Bathing Pool SiteWe the undersigned petition the council to Genuinely and urgently engage with the local community in West St Leonards and other interested parties to develop a clear community-led action plan for the former bathing pool site and the area around it.
• the Borough Council is undertaking a review of major projects, including re-development of the former bathing pool site
• the Borough and County Councils are developing post-COVID economic recovery plans and the Borough Council is conducting a review of the Local Plan;
• post-COVID 19 there will be an increased demand for staycations and locally based recreation and tourism and Hastings and St Leonards are well placed to meet that demand and provide local employment if they offer a wide range of high quality attractions;
• the former bathing pool site stands immediately alongside the seafront and the established shops, catering and recreational facilities in Bexhill Road and Grosvenor Gardens and other brownfield land in Cinque Ports Way and it is readily accessible by bus and train;
• the area offers a chance, if dealt with comprehensively, to create a mosaic of high quality formal and informal, open space and built, leisure and recreational facilities in the area;
• the most recent Borough Council proposals for the area look at the bathing pool site alone propose an unrealistically high level of housing on the site and do not match the opportunities and needs of the current crisis;
• there is an active and rising interest in the local community to engage with positive development proposals for West St Leonards, this has already led to the generation of many ideas for the area and for example seed funding from Locality for a neighbourhood forum and plan
This ePetition ran from 23/06/2020 to 13/10/2020 and has now finished.
268 people signed this ePetition.