Discovery Playground (HS/LB/18/00928)
Installation of a new ' multi split system' comprising of 2 no internal wall mounted air conditioning units to ground and first floors, 4 no external condensers to the roof and associated pipe work and pumps (amended description)
Yes – Old Town
The Planning Services Manager, Mrs Evans, presented the application for installation of a new ' multi split system' comprising of 2 no internal wall mounted air conditioning units to ground and first floors, 4 no external condensers to the roof and associated pipe work and pumps (amended description).
There are no objections from the Conservation Officer regarding the application.
Councillors were shown plans, photographs and elevations of the application site.
Councillor Roberts proposed a motion, seconded by Councillor Davies, to grant the application as set out in the resolution below.
RESOLVED – (Unanimously) that Listed Building Consent be granted subject to the following conditions:
1. The work to which this consent relates shall be begun before the expiration of three years beginning with the date on which this consent is granted.
2. The works hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans:
BA1857-01, 02, 03B, 04A, 05A, 06, 07A, 8
Specification sheet S-5OPK1E5A, U-5OPE2E5A
3. The new external condensers shall be fixed onto the render parapet gutter walls, and shall not be fixed in place by taking a fixing through the metal sheet lining of the parapet gutters below. This is to prevent damage to the gutter linings and resulting water damage to the fabric of the building. The external condensers shall remain fixed by this method thereafter.
4. No wiring or ducting shall be installed across the elevations or visible roof slopes of the building in connection with these works
5. The new internal wall mounted units and ducting shall not be fixed onto any of the existing timber wall panelling or boarding, unless otherwise agreed in writing, in advance, with the Local Planning Authority
6. With the exception of internal works the building works required to carry out the development allowed by this permission must only be carried out within the following times:-
08.00 - 18.00 Monday to Friday
08.00 - 13.00 on Saturdays
No working on Sundays or Public Holidays.
1. This condition is imposed in accordance with the provisions of Section 18 of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990.
2. For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.
3. To ensure the architectural and historic character of this Grade 2 Listed Building is adequately protected.
4. To ensure the architectural and historic character of this Grade 2 Listed Building is adequately protected.
5. To ensure the architectural and historic character of this Grade 2 Listed Building is adequately protected.
6. To safeguard the amenity of nearby residents.
Notes to the Applicant:
1. Failure to comply with any condition imposed on this consent may result in enforcement action without further warning.
2. Statement of positive engagement: In dealing with this application Hastings Borough Council has actively sought to work with the applicant in a positive and proactive manner, in accordance with paragraph 38 of the National Planning Policy Framework.
The reason for granting this consent is:
1. National Planning Policy Framework Section 12 applies. The works proposed will not harm the designated heritage asset.
- MAP_HS_LB_18_00928_Discovery Playground Old Town Hall, item 139. PDF 673 KB
- HS-LB-18-00928 Discovery Playground Old Town Hall, item 139. PDF 96 KB