Discovery Playground (HS/FA/19/00097)
Installation of a new ' multi split system' comprising of 2 no internal wall mounted air conditioning units to ground and first floors, 4 no external condensers to the roof and associated pipe work and pumps (amended description)
Yes – Old Town
The Planning Services Manager, Mrs Evans, presented the application for installation of a new ' multi split system' comprising of 2 no internal wall mounted air conditioning units to ground and first floors, 4 no external condensers to the roof and associated pipe work and pumps (amended description).
Councillors were shown plans, photographs and elevations of the application site.
The Planning Services Manager informed the Committee that the external condensers will be sited to the rear of the premises. They will sit behind the parapet wall and the Conservation Officer has no objections.
In response to a question regarding noise pollution the Planning Services Manager noted that as per the Planning Officer’s report, Environmental Health have no objections and have not asked for a noise report. Therefore it would not be legal to add a condition in relation to noise.
Councillor Bishop proposed a motion, seconded by Councillor O’Callaghan, to grant the application as set out in the resolution below.
RESOLVED – (Unanimously) that full planning permission be granted subject to the following conditions:
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
2. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans:
BA1857-01, 02, 03B, 04A, 05A, 06, 07A, 08
Specification sheet S-5OPK1E5A, U-5OPE2E5A
3. The new external condensers shall be fixed onto the render parapet gutter walls and shall not be fixed in place by taking a fixing through the metal sheet lining of the parapet gutters below. This is to prevent damage to the gutter linings and resulting water damage to the fabric of the building
4. No visible wiring or ducting shall be installed across the elevations or roof slopes in connection with this development.
5. With the exception of internal works the building works required to carry out the development allowed by this permission must only be carried out within the following times:-
08.00 - 18.00 Monday to Friday
08.00 - 13.00 on Saturdays
No working on Sundays or Public Holidays.
1. This condition is imposed in accordance with the provisions of Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
2. For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.
3. To ensure the architectural and historic character of this Grade Listed Building is adequately protected.
4. To ensure the architectural and historic character of this Grade Listed Building is adequately protected.
5. To safeguard the amenity of nearby residents
Notes to the Applicant
1. Failure to comply with any condition imposed on this permission may result in enforcement action without further warning.
2. Statement of positive engagement: In dealing with this application Hastings Borough Council has actively sought to work with the applicant in a positive and proactive manner, in accordance with paragraph 38 of the National Planning Policy Framework.
- MAP_HS_FA_19_00097_Discovery Playground Old Town Hall, item 138. PDF 673 KB
- HS-FA-19-00097 Discovery Playground, Old Town Hall, item 138. PDF 106 KB