Proposed Visitor Centre (HS/FA/19/00303)
Variation of condition 4 (Foul sewerage) of planning permission HS/FA/17/01018
(Amendment to the disposal and management of foul sewerage) (amended description)
Yes – 5 letters of objection.
The Planning Services Manager, Mrs Evans, presented the application for the variation of condition 4 (Foul sewerage) of planning permission HS/FA/17/01018 (Amendment to the disposal and management of foul sewerage) (amended description).
The Planning Services Manager explained that the application was originally submitted for both discharge of condition 5 (surface water) and variation of condition 4 (connection to mains for foul water disposal). For procedural reasons the application was amended for variation of condition 4 only. She explained that the variation was required as the applicant was now connecting to the mains.
Councillors were shown plans, photographs and elevations of the application site.
Councillor Davies proposed a motion, seconded by Councillor Bishop, to grant the application as set out in the resolution below.
RESOLVED – (unanimously) that Full Planning Permission be granted subject to the following conditions:
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before 6 March 2018.
2. With the exception of internal works the building works required to carry out the development allowed by this permission must only be carried out within the following times:-
08.00 - 18.00 Monday to Friday
08.00 - 13.00 on Saturdays
No working on Sundays or Public Holidays.
3. The visitor centre shall not be used except between the following hours:- 9am - 5pm Monday - Sunday
4. The foul sewerage disposal shall be via the mains and shall be connected to the mains and fully operational before the use of the building hereby approved commences.
5. i) Prior to the construction of the development above ground level details of the proposed means of surface water disposal/management shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
ii) Development shall be carried out in accordance with the details approved under (i) and no use of the building hereby approved shall occur until those works have been completed.
iii) The building shall not be used until the Local Planning Authority has confirmed in writing that it is satisfied, that the necessary drainage infrastructure capacity is now available to adequately service the development.
6. The development shall be carried out in accordance with the soft landscaping details approved under application HS/CD/17/01101.
All planting seeding or turfing comprised in the approved soft landscaping scheme shall be carried out prior to the occupation of any part of the development, or with the written agreement of the Local Planning Authority, in the first planting and seeding seasons following the occupation of any buildings or the completion of the development, whichever is the sooner.
Any trees or plants which within a period of 5 years from the completion of the development die, are removed or become seriously damaged or diseased shall be replaced in the next planting season with others of similar size and species, unless the Local Planning Authority gives written consent to any variation.
7. The development shall be constructed in accordance with the materials schedule approved under planning application HS/FA/17/1018.
8. The development shall be carried out in accordance with the Construction Management Plan approved under application HS/CD/17/01101.
9. The proposed amphitheatre is to be used as an outdoor classroom only and for no other use.
10. The development shall be carried out in accordance with the programme of archaeological work and Written Scheme of Archaeological Investigation approved under application HS/CD/17/01101.
11. The development hereby permitted shall not be brought into use until the archaeological site investigation and post investigation assessment (including provision for analysis, publication and dissemination of results and archive deposition) has been completed in accordance with the programme set out in the Written Scheme of Investigation approved under condition  to the satisfaction of the Local Planning Authority, in consultation with the County Planning Authority.
12. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans:
240/219 E, 101C, 108C, 240/204D, 240/205 B, 240/106/D, 240/107/D,
1. This condition is imposed in accordance with the provisions of Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
2. To safeguard the amenity of adjoining and future residents. (Hastings Local Plan 2004 Policies DG1 and DG3).
3. To safeguard the amenity of nearby residents and user of the Country Park
4. To ensure that no property is occupied until adequate access and drainage facilities have been provided.
5. To ensure that no property is occupied until adequate access and drainage facilities have been provided.
6. In the interests of the visual amenity.
7. To protect and preserve the visual amenity of the locality.
8. To protect the amenity of neighbouring residents
9. To safeguard the amenity of adjoining and future residents. (Hastings Local Plan 2004 Policies DG1 and DG3).
10. To ensure that the archaeological and historical interest of the site is safeguarded and recorded to comply with the National Planning Policy Framework.
11. To ensure that the archaeological and historical interest of the site is safeguarded and recorded to comply with the National Planning Policy Framework.
11. To ensure a satisfactory form of development in the interests of the character and amenity of the area.
12. For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.
Notes to the Applicant
1. Failure to comply with any condition imposed on this permission may result in enforcement action without further warning.
2. Statement of positive engagement: In dealing with this application Hastings Borough Council has actively sought to work with the applicant in a positive and proactive manner, in accordance with paragraphs 186 and 187 of the National Planning Policy Framework.
3. The applicant should contact the Sussex Police Architect Liaison Officer at the Police Station, Bohemia Road, Hastings to discuss the "Secured by Design" principles for new developments.
4. The applicant is advised that they must ensure the proposed works, hereby approved, do not contravene laws protecting wildlife including the Countryside and Wildlife Act 1981. Where the applicant is in doubt they should contact Natural England on email@example.com
Telephone 020 802 61089 or Environment and Natural Resources on firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 01424 451107 prior to commencement of any works.
5. The proposed works requires a connection Southern Water mains network and the applicant is therefore advised to contact Southern Water to obtain any necessary consents before works associated with the disposal of foul water is commenced.
- MAP_HS_FA_19_00303_Proposed Visitor Centre, item 135. PDF 350 KB
- HS-FA-19-00303 Proposed Visitor Centre, item 135. PDF 110 KB