817 The Ridge (HS/FA/19/00179)
Conversion into two dwellings and alterations including dormer extensions to front and rear
Yes – No letters of objection received
Application by serving employee in restricted post
The Principal Planning Officer, Mrs Wood, presented the application for conversion into two dwellings and alterations including dormer extensions to front and rear.
It was confirmed that the application had been brought to the Planning Committee as the applicant is an officer of the Council in a politically restricted post.
Access agreements have been agreed with the Highways Authority and the development provides in excess of the minimal floor plan size as required by government. There are no concerns from any statutory consultees.
Councillors were shown plans, photographs and elevations of the application site.
Councillor Beaver proposed a motion, seconded by Councillor Roberts, to grant the application as set out in the resolution below.
RESOLVED – (unanimously) that Full Planning Permission be granted subject to the following conditions:
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
2. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans:
4178/19/LBP, 4178/19/3, 4178/19/1-A & 4178/19/EX/A
3. The materials to be used in the external alterations and extensions hereby permitted shall match those used in the existing building.
4. With the exception of internal works the building works required to carry out the development allowed by this permission must only be carried out within the following times:-
08.00 - 18.00 Monday to Friday
08.00 - 13.00 on Saturdays
No working on Sundays or Public Holidays.
5. Prior to completion of the conversion hereby permitted, details of the required cycle storage units are to be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The storage provision is to then be installed on site in accordance with the approved details, prior to occupation of the units.
6. Prior to completion of the conversion hereby permitted, the final arrangement of the proposed parking area is to be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. These details shall include the following;
- The final layout, taking in to account the comments from the County Highways Authority
- The hard landscaping materials proposed
- The method for dealing with surface water run-off
- The development shall then be completed in accordance with the approved details.
1. This condition is imposed in accordance with the provisions of Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
2. For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.
3. To ensure a satisfactory standard of development.
4. To safeguard the amenity of adjoining residents.
5. To ensure a satisfactory standard of development.
6. To ensure a satisfactory standard of development.
Notes to the Applicant
1. Failure to comply with any condition imposed on this permission may result in enforcement action without further warning.
2. Statement of positive engagement: In dealing with this application Hastings Borough Council has actively sought to work with the applicant in a positive and proactive manner, in accordance with paragraph 38 of the National Planning Policy Framework.
3. A formal application for connection to the public foul sewerage system is required in order to service this development, please contact Southern Water:
Developer Services, Southern Water, Southern House, Sparrowgrove, Otterbourne, Hampshire, SO21 2SW. Tel: 0330 303 0119. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The maximum gradient of the private drive should not exceed 1 in 9.
5. The applicant is reminded that the study within the right hand unit, at first floor level is too small to be occupied as a bedroom.
- MAP_HS_FA_19_00179_817 The Ridge, item 129b PDF 510 KB
- HS-FA-19-00179 817 The Ridge, item 129b PDF 113 KB