Agenda and draft minutes
Venue: Council Chamber, Upper Ground Floor, Aquila House, Breeds Place. Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 3UY
Contact: Michael Courts on 01424 451764 email email@example.com
Items No. Item
RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 6 July 2015 be approved as a correct record
- Appendix A - Schedule of Appointments to Outside Bodies 2016-17 , item 4. PDF 43 KB
- Appendix A to the minutes - Outside Bodies 2016-17 , item 4. PDF 43 KB
The Chief Legal Officer presented a report to make appointments to outside bodies.
The schedule of outside bodies to which the council appoints had been circulated to the group leaders and nominations sought to fill the places available.
The nominations received were shown in Appendix A to the Chief Legal Officer’s report.
The nominations to the Hastings Joint Parking Board and the Hastings Week Committee were oversubscribed.
Councillor Poole proposed a motion regarding the appointment of outside bodies, as set out in the resolution below, seconded by Councillor Forward.
RESOLVED (unanimously) that:
1. Councillors Batsford, Charman and Davies be appointed to the Hastings Joint Parking Board;
2. Councillors Dowling, Rogers and Sinden be appointed to the Hastings Week Committee and the remaining seat on the committee be filled by a nominee from the opposition group, and;
3. The remaining appointments to outside bodies be agreed, as set out in Appendix A to the minutes
The reason for this decision was:
To enable members to serve on the outside bodies to which the council appoints.