Agenda and minutes
Venue: Council Chamber, Muriel Matters House, Breeds Place, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 3UY
Contact: Democratic Services on 01424 451484 email: email@example.com
Items No. Item
Declaration of Interests
The Managing Director declared no interests.
- Hastings Additional Restrictions Grants (ARG) Policy - Tranche 3 (JS230521) (4)_260521 - FINAL , item 338. PDF 247 KB
The Assistant Director, Financial Services and Revenues, submitted a report to agree a new Policy for the use and distribution of the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) funding received from government.
This third scheme is aimed at assisting businesses with costs which have not been eligible for the government’s Local Restrictions Support Grant (closed) scheme or the government’s restart grants , as well as potentially supporting some other businesses that have been severely impacted by the pandemic. The grant monies received are to cover the period up to 30 June 2021.
Under the emergency powers set out in Part 4 of the Council’s Constitution the Managing Director made the decision in consultation with the following Councillors: Cllr Forward, Cllr Batsford, Cllr Chowney, Cllr Rogers, Cllr Patmore and Cllr Rankin.
1. The Council’s Managing Director in consultation with the Leader of the Council, the Deputy Leader, and the lead member for Financial Management and Estates approve the Hastings Additional Restrictions Grant Scheme Policy -Tranche 3 on behalf of the Council under Emergency Powers.
2. The Chief Finance Officer is authorised to make technical amendments and adjustments to the scheme in consultation with the lead member for Financial Management and Estates to ensure available funding is distributed, and that it meets the criteria set by the Council and remains in line with Central Government guidance.
- The Council needs to agree a further Additional Restriction Grant scheme (a discretionary grant scheme) as a matter of urgency to further support businesses within the Borough if the opportunity for further funding is not to be missed.
- Developing a scheme which has limited levels of funding that can not be exceeded, requires a degree of delegated authority to make technical amendments and adjustments to the scheme if grants are to be awarded quickly and to those which meet the eligibility criteria.