Review of premises licence. Flames Grill.
Decision Maker: Licensing Sub Committee
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Review of premise licence , Flames Grill, Havelock Road, Hastings. Review application requested by Sussex Police under the licensing objectives "Prevention of Crime and Disorder" and "Public Safety"
The committee has listened carefully to all submissions before it and are minded to keep the premise licence subject to all the following conditions:
- CCTV: Digital CCTV and appropriate recording equipment to be installed in accordance with Home Office Guidelines relating to UK Police Requirements for Digital CCTV System operated and maintained throughout the premises internally and externally to cover all public areas, including the entrance to the premises. The system shall be on and recording at all times the premises licence is in operation.
- The CCTV cameras and recording equipment must be of sufficient quality to work in all lighting levels inside the premises at all times
- CCTV footage will be stored for a minimum of 28 days
- The management will give full and immediate cooperation and technical assistance to the Police in the event that CCTV footage is required for the prevention and detection of suspected and alleged crime
- The CCTV images will record and display dates and times, and these times will be checked regularly to ensure their accuracy
- Subject to Data Protection guidance and legislation, the management of the premises will ensure that key staff are fully trained in the operation of the CCTV, and will be able to download selected footage onto a disk for the police without difficulty or delay and without charge to Sussex Police
- Any breakdown or system failure will be notified to the police immediately & remedied as soon as practicable
- Two SIA registered door staff will be employed at the premises from 21.00 until half an hour after the premises has closed on Thursday, Friday and Saturday’s plus Bank Holidays, New Year’s Eve, public holidays and at any time when a temporary event notice is in operation.
- An incident report will be kept and maintained at the premises and made available for inspection by police officers and local authority officers on request. This book shall be solely used for the purpose of recording incidents
- A refusal register will be kept and maintained at the premises and made available for inspection by police licensing officers and local authority officers on request.
- The opening hours of the premises to be;
Sunday to Wednesday 17.00 to 02.00hrs, Thursday to Saturday 17.00 to 03.00hrs Sunday preceding a BH Monday 17.00 to 03.00hrs
- Late night refreshment hours to be;
Sunday to Wednesday 23.00 to 02.00hrs. Thursday to Saturday 23.00 to 03.00hrs, Sunday preceding a BH Monday 23.00 to 03.00hrs
Report author: Bob Brown
Publication date: 02/03/2020
Date of decision: 12/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 12/02/2020 - Licensing Sub Committee