Foreshore Trust Events Grant 2019-2020 & Pilot Grant Recommendations
Decision Maker: Charity Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
GAP recommendations on current Events grant programme.
GAP recommendations on proposed pilot of combined grant programme.
The External Funding Manager presented a report on the recommendations of the Grant Advisory Panel (GAP) in respect of applications for Events Grants 2019 - 2020 and Combined Grant Pilot.
The Foreshore Trust Events Grants Fund is a small grants scheme to increase public enjoyment of the Foreshore Trust's land by encouraging a year-round programme of events. Around £36,638 is available for the 2019-20 financial year for small grants of up to £2,000 each.
Andrew Colquhoun, Chair, Foreshore Trust Grants Advisory Panel explained to the Committee the process that the Grants Advisory Panel undertook in reaching its recommendations.
Of the 11 applications considered, GAP recommended to the Charity Committee that 8 of these be approved for funding at various levels, totalling £15,812, with some subject to conditions. All the events are to be delivered within a year of approval of the grant.
At the GAP AGM there was approval to develop a pilot grant programme for a year from April 2019 to March 2020, combining the events and small grants programmes. The £30,000 allocated to the current events grant programme and the £60,000 of the small grants programme to be combined into one pot for the pilot. This was suggested because of the low uptake of the events grant programme and the high uptake of the small grants, so that the funding could be allocated fully throughout the year.
The Committee thanked the Grant Advisory Panel for their work.
The Chair of the Grants Advisory Panel thanked the External Funding Manager and his team for their support throughout the grants process.
Councillor Batsford proposed a motion to approve the recommendations in the report, seconded by Councillor Rogers.
That the Charity Committee accepts the Events Grants recommendations of the GAP as set out in Appendix 1 and A-C, including the proposed combined small and event grant programme pilot 2019-20.
Reasons for recommendation:
1. The GAP has appraised the merits of the applications received for Events Grant support and has made a number of recommendations for grant awards for the period 2019/20. These were assessed with detailed discussion on each application at a GAP meeting held 22 January 2019.
2. Additionally, after the GAP AGM and subsequent consideration by the panel at the January 2019 meeting, there was approval to develop a pilot for a year from April 2019 to March 2020 of a combined events and small grants programme. The £30,000 allocated to the current events grant programme and the £60,000 of the small grants programme to be combined into one pot for the pilot. This was suggested because of the low uptake of the events grant programme and the high uptake of the small grants, so that the funding could be allocated fully throughout the year.
Report author: Ian Sycamore
Publication date: 10/04/2019
Date of decision: 18/03/2019
Decided at meeting: 18/03/2019 - Charity Committee
- Foreshore Trust Events Grant 2019-2020 & Pilot Grant Recommendations Officer Report PDF 118 KB
- Appendix 1 GAP Events Grant 2019-2020 & Pilot Grant Report PDF 119 KB
- Appendix A Foreshore Trust Events Grant 2019-2020 Recommendations PDF 59 KB
- Appendix B Combined grant pilot application form PDF 99 KB
- Appendix C Combined grant pilot guidance PDF 132 KB