Agenda and draft minutes
Venue: Council Chamber, Muriel Matters House, Breeds Place, Hastings, TN34 3UY. Please enter the building via the Tourist Information Centre entrance.
Contact: Emily Horne on 01424 451719 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Items No. Item
Apologies for Absence
Apologies were received from Councillors Clarke and Edwards.
Declarations of Interest
RESOLVED – that the minutes of the meeting held on 8 February 2017 be approved and signed by the Chair as a true record.
Notification of any additional urgent items
UPDATE: Application reference HS/CD/16/00655. Rocklands Private Caravan Park, Rocklands Lane, Hastings. Application for approval of the remaining part of Condition 6 (archaeological monitoring) of Appeal A ref: APP/B1415/C/15/3029007 – (EN/15/00028).
At the last committee meeting held on 8 February 2017, it was resolved to defer determining the application until this committee meeting to allow for further consultation with the County Archaeologist and the Legal Department as to the implications for the validity of the planning application.
The Planning Services Manager advised that Southern Water had raised concern in response to the consultation and therefore a meeting has been arranged by the Planning Officer to take place between Southern Water, the applicant and the County Archaeologist on 24th March 2017. An update will be provided at the next Planning Committee meeting.
- MAP_HS_AA_16_00920_Lamp Posts_LOCATION 1 , item 165a PDF 313 KB
- MAP_HS_AA_16_00920_Lamp Posts_LOCATION 2 , item 165a PDF 372 KB
- MAP_HS_AA_16_00920_Lamp Posts_LOCATION 3 , item 165a PDF 278 KB
- MAP_HS_AA_16_00920_Lamp Posts_LOCATION 4 , item 165a PDF 343 KB
- MAP_HS_AA_16_00920_Lamp Posts_LOCATION 5 , item 165a PDF 402 KB
- There are a further 5 documents.View the full list of documents for item 165a
Lamp post banners at Bexhill Road, Sedlescombe Road North, The Ridge, Old London Road, Havelock Road, Cambridge Road and Queens Road.
Yes – Old Town
4 letters of objection received.
The Planning Services Manager, Mrs Evans, presented this report for the use of 25 lamp post banners for advertising submitted by Hastings Borough Council.
The banners are sited in nine different locations throughout Hastings and St. Leonards. The lamp posts located on The Ridge are split into two locations.
Several updates to the report had been received since the publication of the agenda:-
- Location 6 has been withdrawn from the application at the request of the applicant.
· The address of the application site is amended as follows: Lamp post banners at Bexhill Road, Sedlescombe Road North, The Ridge, Old London Road, Havelock Road, Cambridge Road and Queens Road.
· The description has been amended as follows: ‘Use of 25 lamp post banners for advertising, the banners are 70cm wide and 1.67m height.’
· The application now proposes 25 banners in 9 different locations.
· Additional condition no. 8 to state: ‘The advertisement hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plan:
Site Location Plan Lamp Posts / Banners Rev A’
Location 1: The Ridge - Beaulieu Gardens/Harrow Lane
Firstly, there are three lamp posts located between Beaulieu Gardens and Harrow Lane numbered 139,140 and 141. These are modern style lamp posts located on a busy B road running along the northern boundary of the town. This area in particular has a number of detached single dwellinghouses of a post war style set adjacent to the lamp post locations.
Location 2: The Ridge - Woodlands Way/Yew Tree Close
The other site on The Ridge is located to the northern side of the road at the entrance to Woodlands Way, a small industrial area set back from the road. The lamp posts are numbered 93, 95 and 96.
Location 3: Bexhill Road/Bexleigh Avenue
Three lamp posts are located on Bexhill Road (A259) west of Bexleigh Avenue; this road is the main coastal route through the town with open fields to the north and the coastline to the south. These lamp posts are numbered 85, 87 and 88.
Location 4: Sedlescombe Road North
The site at Sedlescombe Road North (A21), the main road access from London, is located around the entrance of Harlequin Gardens, a wide section of the road with residential properties on either side of varying styles. To the north are a number of large commercial units of mixed uses. The lamp posts are numbered 67, 68 and 69.
Location 5: Old London Road
The proposal for Old London Road is a site of three lamp posts located adjacent to TW Car Sales. This is a densely populated area of Hastings with predominantly terraced Victorian housing on this section of road. The lamp posts are numbered 50, 51 and 52.
The seven lamp ... view the full minutes text for item 165a
The Planning Services Manager reported that one planning appeal had been allowed. She also reported on the number of delegated decisions.
All matters had arisen between 30 January to 24 February 2017.
The report was noted.